Welcome to the Recovery Academy which has been established to support people who have undergone drug and alcohol rehabilitation to integrate back into society equipped with the skills and confidence to thrive.
The Recovery Academy is run by the O’Connor Gateway Trust, a local charity which works in close partnership with BAC O’Connor Centre and provides opportunities for people to access training, education, volunteering and employment experience following rehabilitation; the Trust has recently been able to extend the services it provides thanks to support from the Big Lottery.
The Academy provides:
- An education department that facilitates NVQs in Catering, Administration, Retail, Literacy, Numeracy and a range of other NVQs
- Work placements at Langan’s Tea Rooms, in Burton upon Trent and Cannock
- A full equipped training kitchen with a qualified chef trainer
- Opportunities to work with Langan’s External Catering Service
- An IT Suite
- A Job Club
- Health and Nutrition groups
- Tenancy skills workshops
- Music, arts and sports activities
- A vibrant social environment that is open to our clients during the day, weekends and evenings
- Social activities such as our Open Mic Night, pool competitions, ladies’ fashion evenings and many more
- A range of activities to support long-term abstinence including Recovery Groups, SMART Recovery and peer mentoring through our RIOT (Recovery is out There) service
If you would like further information about the Recovery Academy and the range of different opportunities available to people in abstinent recovery, please contact the team at BAC O’Connor on 01283 537280 who will be happy to answer any questions and arrange for a member of the Recovery Academy team to speak to you or provide a tour.