Working on a 4 on 4 off rota 8am-6pm
Join our team at our Residential Rehab centre working an average 40 hours per week on a 4 on 4 off rota the main duties include:
- Liaise with the Residential Manager when planning/costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of available fresh foods
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals which are nutritionally balanced and provide service users with the vitamins and nutrients required to aid their recovery
- Provide for special dietary requirements where necessary and take into account the preferences of individual service users
- Ensure that 2 options are available on a daily basis for the evening meal
- Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area is carried out effectively.
- Maintain accurate records of fridge/freezer temperatures
- Ensure the security of the house is maintained at all times
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence
- Attend mandatory training courses as and when required
- Promote safe working practices
- Take responsibility for own health and safety and others including reporting illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by service user, colleague, self or others. Reporting any maintenance or faulty appliances, equipment or any potential hazard to the House Manager
- Promote a positive personal/professional profile within the house
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures within the defined timescales
To apply please send your cv to email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and we expect our employees and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Having a criminal record will not necessarily bar an applicant from working for us; the nature of a disclosed conviction and its relevance to the post in question will be considered in all circumstances
We are committed to the fair treatment of our staff, potential staff or users of our services, regardless of age; disability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships, social class or economic status.
We actively encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of substance misuse
We have a risk assessment in place to ensure a COVID-19 secure workplace with compliance checks and regular reviews of the risk assessment in line with guidance as it is issued.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,674.00 per year