Based at SCDAS Wood House, Hanley
Salary: £19,238 – £21,745 dependent on experience
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours
Standard operating hours are 9.30am – 5.30pm with the requirement for the job holder to work one evening per week in group therefore a flexible working approach will be necessary
We are seeking a motivated individual, to work as part of a team, to deliver our group work programme who will support and inspire our clients to achieve and sustain their own recovery. This role will work primarily within our opiate team, however you will also be delivering sessions across our whole client group. In addition you will required where appropriate to provide 1:1 support to clients within the service. We welcome applications from people in recovery and with lived experience.
About the Role
- To research, develop and deliver a full programme of activities and workshops that meet the needs of clients who access the service.
- To provide a range of creative, innovative and evidence-based motivational interventions within group settings, to support and engage individuals, with a strong focus on achieving sustainable recovery and community re-integration
- To understand individual’s barriers to engagement and reasons behind presenting behaviours and to effectively work and help them to recognise these barriers and the consequences of their behaviours
- To work collaboratively with external partner agencies and other members of the team, to jointly provide interventions to support and motivate clients in group work
- Involving clients in the design, development and delivery of the group work programmes
- Sound working knowledge of the models of recovery within substance misuse services in practice
- Experience of Supporting clients on a 1:1 basis and in a group setting
- Experience of working in partnership with other agencies to achieve the best outcome for the client and the “wrap-around” services in the local area.
- Experience of supporting service users in centre or community based settings working with Multi-Disciplinary Teams
- Ability to complete assessment of needs, support planning, implementing & evaluating holistic person centered risk / aftercare plans to a high standard.
- Knowledge of the Policies and Procedures relating to Safeguarding of children and adults at risk and how this would be implemented within the workplace
- Ability to motivate, challenge and empower individuals to achieve meaningful and sustainable recovery goals.
How to Apply?
External applicants should completed and send their BAC application form/covering letter/current CV to Vikki Bale, HR Department, BAC O’Connor Centres, 126 Station Street, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire. DE14 1BX
Closing Date: Friday 12.00 noon on 1st February 2019
Interview Date: w/c 11th February 2019