Based at our SCDAS offices in Wood House, Hanley
Salary: £19,238 – £21,745 pro rat 37.5 hours FTE, dependent on experience
Hours of Work: 30 hours /week across 5 days and one evening per week
Standard operating hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm.
The job holder will be required to work flexibly across 5 days and one evening per week in group. It is essential that the jobholder has a flexible working approach
We are seeking a motivated individual, to work as part of a team, to deliver our group work programme who will support and inspire our clients to achieve and sustain their own recovery. This role will work primarily within our non-opiate team, however you will also be delivering sessions across our whole client group. In addition you will required where appropriate to provide 1:1 support to clients within the service. We welcome applications from people in recovery and with lived experience.
About the Role
• To research, develop and deliver a full programme of activities and workshops that meet the needs of clients who access the service.
• To provide a range of creative, innovative and evidence-based motivational interventions within group settings, to support and engage individuals, with a strong focus on achieving sustainable recovery and community re-integration
• To understand individual’s barriers to engagement and reasons behind presenting behaviours and to effectively work and help them to recognise these barriers and the consequences of their behaviours
• To work collaboratively with external partner agencies and other members of the team, to jointly provide interventions to support and motivate clients in group work
• Involving clients in the design, development and delivery of the group work programmes
• Sound working knowledge of the models of recovery within substance misuse services in practice
• Experience of Supporting clients on a 1:1 basis and in a group setting
• Experience of working in partnership with other agencies to achieve the best outcome for the client and the “wrap-around” services in the local area.
• Experience of supporting service users in centre or community based settings working with Multi-Disciplinary Teams
• Ability to complete assessment of needs, support planning, implementing & evaluating holistic person centered risk / aftercare plans to a high standard.
• Knowledge of the Policies and Procedures relating to Safeguarding of children and adults at risk and how this would be implemented within the workplace
• Ability to motivate, challenge and empower individuals to achieve meaningful and sustainable recovery goals.
How to Apply?
please send your completed BAC application form/covering letter/current CV to Vikki Bale, HR Department, BAC O’Connor Centres, 126 Station Street, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire. DE14 1BX
Closing Date: Friday 12.00 noon on 15th February 2019
Interview Date: TBA